that the Great Chamber, where the Lodge usually meets, in the London Charterhouse is also the only enthroning room outside the Palace of Westminster, Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace - thanks to Elizabeth I and James I, who both used it on their entry into London upon acceding to the throne of England?
Did you know ...
- Godalming Hotel 1.7 miles 5 min by car 01483 421800 GU7 3HS
- Premier Inn, Godalming 2.2 miles 6 min by car 0871 527 8466 GU7 3BX
- The Kings Arms and Royal Hotel, Godalming 1.9 miles 7 min by car 01483 421545 GU7 1DZ
- Innkeeper's Lodge, Godalming 1.9 miles 9 min by car 0845 112 6102 GU7 1RH
- The Squirrel 1.3 miles 4 min by car 01483 860223 GU7 2RN
- The Stag on the River 2.3 miles 5 min by car 01483 421568 GU7 2QG
- Pound Corner 0.6 miles 12 min by foot 01483 418200 GU7 2AY